Monday, July 16, 2012

Mason Jar Mojitos

A recent Girls Night outing inspired me to get creative in the kitchen and mix up one of my favourite cocktails - the refreshing & exotic mojito! I'm not sure why I was so intimidated by making my own, they were super easy and not at all expensive (especially compared to the $8 version at any restaurant or lounge). I searched through a few online recipes then tweaked them to suit my taste, easy-peasy!

Ingredients

Slice half a lime into 4 quarters

Muddle 1 lime slice with 8-10 mint leaves




Add 2 more lime slices & 3 tbsp of sugar then muddle 'em up!

Fill your glass with ice & 1 or 1 1/2oz of white rum

Top off with soda, stir & garnish with another slice of lime

Make another for a friend et voila!
Instant summertime happiness. I'm excited to get creative and mix in some other ingredients like cucumber or raspberries. This will most certainly be a staple at our house this summer, especially when the days are hot, hot, hot! What are your favourite mojito variations?


1 comment:

  1. These look SO good! Mojitos have always intimidated me too. Maybe I should just come over and you can make me one, ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete