Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Sweet Surprise

It's no secret that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I. Love. Candy. As a self-proclaimed "candy connoisseur" it irks me that some of the best treats are only available south of the border. When we were in Vegas a couple of years ago I fell in love with coconut M&Ms, I probably ate my weight in them over the weekend. Last year, in Hawaii, we were reunited and I was able to smuggle a stash back with me. I recently heard a little rumour that they were available in the city at certain convenience stores but hadn't had the chance to find them & stock up. Then this morning we found this on our doorstep:
well, hello there...

That was unexpected! I thought maybe it was an accident until I saw the card was addressed to me. I greedily opened it up to discover:
!!!!

My beautiful girlfriend, Tanis, had dropped off TEN bags of coconut M&Ms for me this morning before work. I could barely contain my excitement! Needless to say, I ate a bag for breakfast & half a bag for lunch. I wrapped the rest up & tossed them in the back of the pantry (I have to make them last this time). I'm so lucky to have such a thoughtful friend.

Thanks Tanis! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment