Friday, September 21, 2012

Seeing Stripes

One of the topics I wanted to blog about is clothing. I have always had a love for fashion & styling and as my tastes evolve it's fun to document through photos. When I look at my closet it's easy to pick out "trends" (or phases...): when I like something I tend to buy multiples and that's all I'll wear for the season. There was a period when all I would wear were maxi dresses, another when I would layer 3 or 4 scarves at a time.
Lately I've been loving stripes. It's not a conscious choice but recently every item of clothing I've bought has been stripey. Is that something that's happening in the fashion world right now? Am I the only one with this inclination? I just can't help myself!
dress from Anthropologie

top from Anthropologie

cardigan from Gap
These aren't even all the pieces! I don't know what it is about them, but my appetite for stripes is insatiable. It's even carried over in to the baby's wardrobe:
sleeper from Babies R Us
I think I'll stay out of the shops until this obsession passes, just to keep some variety in my wardrobe and cash in my wallet!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Wesley is so cute it hurts. And yay for fashion posts! I've always envied your fashion sense and ease of style :) I love stripes too - but I think I only have 3 or 4 pieces at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stripes as well! And it is something happening in the fashion world, so don't hold back!

    ReplyDelete