Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Favourite Magazine

Magazines used to be one of my guiltiest impulse purchases: I just love flipping through the pages of pretty people, places, and things. My need for print magazines waned, though, when I discovered blogs - which also saved me a bunch of cash. However, my one real weakness remains Cottage Style. I look forward to buying it every spring & fall and the current issue just came out in Canada a couple of weeks ago.
It's filled with beautiful American cottage-y homes showcasing that shabby chic, worn-in decor style that I so adore. Previous issues have profiled some of my favourite interior designers, like Rachel Ashwell, as well as some of my favourite home decor blogs.
They're a staple of my growing collection of decor books & magazines.
I especially like how the spines of all these books coordinate too - they brighten up the display cabinet in our living room nicely.
Cottage Style is a little pricey for a magazine (retailing around $14) but it's only twice a year so I can justify the splurge. It inspires me and feeds my daydreams so I think it's well worth the cost. I can't wait to get my hands on the the Spring/Summer 2013 issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment