Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Favourite Five: Blogs I Love


I don't read newspapers and I rarely ever read magazines but there are few things I enjoy more than snuggling-up on the sofa with a warm mug of tea and blog-browsing. If permitted I would do it for hours. I've been able to connect with so many inspiring women from all over the world by reading their blogs, which has really influenced the way I've approached my own. There are very specific blogs that focus on things like food, photography, fashion, or books while others incorporate a variety of interests while maintaining a central theme. I have added shortcuts on my computer to dozens of these blogs over the past couple of years but there are a few I check daily (sometimes twice daily) and enjoy re-reading older posts as well. Here are my (current) top five:

Oh Happy Day
This is my go-to site for party and craft inspiration. Jordan includes lots and lots of how-to's with helpful photos as well as tons of free printables for your projects. What first captured my attention when I discovered her blog was that she lives in San Francisco, a city that my husband and I fell in love with when we visited in October 2010. Then I found out that she also lived in Paris and instantly became fascinated. Never have I been more excited about crepe paper and glue guns.

Cupcakes and Cashmere
This is my all time favourite blog ever! I love everything about this LA lady. Great style, beautiful home decor, easy recipes - all documented with beautiful photography and witty writing. She also has a book (with the same title) for even more eye-candy. I follow Emily on Instagram and Pinterest for all my C&C fixes.

Dreamy Whites
This is my favourite interior decorating blog. French farmhouse chic with lots of vintage and simple decor. Maria is a mother of five who home-schools her kids but also finds the time to run an online shop and blog about her beautiful home and family. I have yet to buy anything from her but I often peruse her store for ideas for my own home. Also great IG eye candy.

Crappy Pictures
The funniest (and most realistic) parenting blog I've come across. Amber describes the everyday situations that moms experience and then illustrates them to drive the point home. So often I'll read her posts and laugh so hard that tears stream down my face because, not only is it hilarious, it's SO TRUE! One of my favourites is this post about Netflix, to which my husband & I can completely relate. She also does a whole category called "While Mama Was In The Bathroom" - priceless.

adventures in pinksugarland
The insanely talented photographer, Andrea, is based right here in Edmonton and has committed to doing a 'photo a day' blog of her stunning family. She has two of the most beautiful kids I have ever seen and she captures them in a way that makes your heart melt. This is a great place to visit if you're a parent or if you just love lovely photography. She also occasionally includes clips of what music she's listening to and products that she's really in to at the moment. Lots and lots of fun here.

So, now you know where to find me during nap times and NFL season. What blogs are you loving these days?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Many thanks,
    However I am having difficulties with your RSS.

    I don't understand why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having identical RSS issues? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

    My website: http://www.oakleysale-shop.com

    ReplyDelete