Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lipstick Lovin'

I've always been a lipgloss kind of girl, usually in a clear or very barely pink tinge. I felt like lipstick was too fancy, too mature. Every time I would attempt it, it didn't look right to me - the colour was too bold or my lips looked cakey. Curious to give it another shot, I asked the make-up artists at MAC for assistance and ended up with the perfect shade of pink loveliness.


It's called "Snob" and it's a satin finish so it's creamy but not smudgy.


It's subtle enough to wear during the day but you can also glam it up a bit by adding a quick swipe of gloss over top for some added shine. The girl who was helping me described it as a "vintage-looking, not too Barbie doll pink" and told me it looked good with my eyeliner - SOLD! Haha!


I may even prefer lipstick over lipgloss now, I love how my hair doesn't stick to my mouth anymore and I'm not worried about it spilling in my bag. Oh, and did I mention that it was free? Yep. For those of you who didn't know: MAC will trade in any 6 plastic MAC cosmetic containers for a lipstick, lipgloss, or eyeshadow (at free-standing MAC stores only). So go stock up!


What is your favourite lipstick shade?

2 comments: