Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Drunken Whip

I'm not usually a fan of whipped cream (or worse, whipped "topping"), I typically opt out of it with my dessert or coffee orders. Like anything else, though, home made is better. Every year for Christmas my mom makes a traditional English trifle which includes whipped cream spiked with liqueur and it's impossible to resist. So whenever I make something that would be a little better with whipped cream I make this 'recipe'.


You'll need a 250 mL carton of 33% MF cream, a liqueur of your choosing (I like amaretto but just about anything would work), and sugar.


Using the whisk attachment on your handheld mixer, whip cream until it's just thickened. Add 1-1.5 ounces of your liqueur and continue to whisk until light peaks form. Add 2-4 teaspoons of sugar and whisk until cream forms peaks when the mixer is lifted. Use right away or cover, refrigerate, and use within 24 hours.

 This makes a great addition to coffee or hot chocolate.

Add it to fresh berries or seasonal fruit for an easy & impressive dessert.

A little bit of decadence to start your Wednesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment