Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Decor

As I've mentioned before, I tend to subscribe to the notion that "less is more" when it comes to holiday décor. That being said, my mother always decorated for the holidays and that's something that I want for my child as well. So this year for Easter I made a few easy decorations and dressed-up our mantel.

 
 
I started with this bunny bunting from one of my favourite blogs The Sweetest Occasion. I strung it up using garden twine, mini clothes pins and washi tape.
 

 
 
I decided to stick with the colour palette from the bunting of pink, peach, and orange when I bought the paint for my Easter egg canvas. Inspired by Andrea's talents over at Pinksugarland, I taped out an egg shape on a large canvas then painted smudgy stripes to fill it in. Once dry, I just peeled off the tape and voila!
 

 
While shopping for my paint & canvas, I grabbed some burlap canvases on sale at Michael's for $7 for a package of three. I Googled "rabbit outlines", printed off a couple I liked, then traced them on to some colour-coordinating paper. After cutting them out, I glued the rabbit silhouettes to the burlap to make some cute bunny art.



With a young child in the house we've collected a warren of plush rabbits. I just filled in the spaces on the mantel with some bunny friends to complete the look.


All in this project cost me about $30 and an hour of my time. I love the little pop of spring in the middle of our living room now!

Wishing you & your family a very happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I want a mantel just like yours in my next house. I look forward to decorating for all holidays now that Sully is here :) (My mom decorated for everything too!)

    ReplyDelete