Saturday, May 10, 2014

Shiva's Rabbit-Themed 3rd Birthday


By now it's no surprise how much I enjoy party-planning and decorating: it's a passion of mine so I try to celebrate any and all occasions. Our dog's birthday is no exception, as you may remember from this post on last year's strawberry party. I started this blog after Shiva's first birthday so I never had the chance to post about it but I assure you we did have a party and it did, indeed, have a theme. After her first birthday party, when our guests were leaving, Shiva spotted a rabbit hopping past our house and took off after it. We managed to coax her back without too much hassle but the memory is still vivid every year around this time so this year, in honour of the "rabbit incident", I decided to have a rabbit-themed 3rd birthday for our girl.


With Easter having just passed it was easy to re-use some of my Easter décor (as seen in this post). I moved our bunny bunting to the dining nook and added a name banner using paper of the same colours. I also used our rabbit ornaments, along with some cleverly-placed chocolate-covered raisins, on the table with the bunny birthday cake.




We served the usual hot dogs and coleslaw that we've had at each of her other parties, as well as some rabbit chocolates that I stocked up on before Easter. The cake, of course, was carrot cake and I'll be sharing a tutorial on how to make a bunny-shaped cake next week on the blog.

 
 
 
Shiva got a sample of the carrot cake as well as a couple of cute, dog-friendly cookies from Bone & Biscuit. She had a hard time posing for a picture before diving in!
 


 
It may seem silly to some but I'm so happy that our friends and family are willing to come over to celebrate our dog's birthday with us. She's a huge part of our family so it's a very special occasion for us.
 
Happy Birthday Shiva!
 
{note: I'm pleased to share that there were no run-aways at the party this year - we keep Shiva on a short leash whenever rabbits are around now!}

No comments:

Post a Comment