Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kevin's 40th Birthday Party

When two of the things I love most in this world (my husband and party planning) come together, I can barely contain my excitement. I started planning Kevin's 40th birthday party back in March, just days after Wesley's Airplane Party. I wanted to send out the invitations early to allow our friends time to plan as we know weekends tend to book up quickly!

 
 
I love fonts (no really, I do) so I knew I wanted to use a few different ones. After I printed them out on craft paper Kevin pointed out that they had a sort of 1930s-prohibition feel to them, which I love. I had been collecting a variety of empty beer, wine, and liquor bottles knowing that I wanted to fill them with flowers and candles for decoration and it occurred to me that we had unintentionally created a booze-themed birthday party!
 
 

I filled the mantle with the boozy vases as well as our display of wine corks and Kevin's initials. I then strung some twine across the front of the mantle to pin up some faux Polaroids I printed of Kevin and his friends partying through the years. A second display of family photos was strung up in the entry way.


 

I tried to tie the liquor theme in with the food as much as possible, serving drunken chocolate covered cherries and a Guinness chocolate cake, as well as some other party staples like chicken wings and artichoke dip.



We sent our guests away with little bags of kettle corn to tie them over on the drive (or cab ride) home, edible gift bags are definitely my go-to! I found some little chalkboard stickers at Michaels to jazz them up a bit, I love the chalkboard and craft paper look. I also picked up this awesome reusable chalkboard banner at Michaels on sale.



I had so much fun planning this party and even more fun celebrating Kevin's day with our family and friends. Now birthday party season is winding down in our house and I'm looking forward to attending other birthdays and weddings this summer as a guest, no clean-up required!

 
Happy Birthday KP!

No comments:

Post a Comment